Every wedding is different, and having two experienced principal photographers who work together not only professionally but also on personal projects affords us great creative freedom, and the ability to capture all the angles and candid intimacy. We do not limit our time or effort when it comes to creating the perfect memories of your day.
As you already have many organisational decisions to be made before a wedding, we aim to keep it simple and have constructed the below two photography packages which are broken down and comparable side by side. But of course not all weddings are the same, so we are happy to discuss any special arrangements and provide a customised quotation.
Our standard wedding package includes all day coverage by principal photographer Nick or Anupam. Both of us will shoot together if available, or else we will use a trusted assistant - we always shoot with two photographers for the best results, and yours (and our!) peace of mind. We shoot every wedding together that we can, which is a great advantage to us and for you.
We provide high resolution digital images, all carefully and individually colour corrected with minor retouching where appropriate. There is no set number of images, but you can expect to receive a minimum of 500+ images.
Our standard package is $2900.
A Reduced Coverage option is also available if you do not wish for us to cover some components such as the 'bride getting ready', or if you do not have an evening programme. To see how our wedding packages differ, please refer to the table below which breaks down the individual components of a typical wedding. The express package is also shot by both Sven and Nick in most cases as we would hate to compromise on quality!
The reduced coverage package is $2400
NOTE. Travel outside of Auckland will incur additional charges, these will be discussed during the consultation process and quoted on separately.
If you would like to get a taste of how we work and our approach, we recommend exploring our method. We have put together some behind the scenes images, and describe how we approach a typical wedding day. An engagement session is also a good way to spend time together before the big day, like a practice run getting used to being in front of the camera. Ask us about a combined package including both your wedding and engagement photography.
We always like to meet our clients over coffee before booking, and this is a great chance to inform us of any special details of your wedding. For those who live out of town, we are happy to talk via phone or skype to make sure we are involved and can provide advice to ensure the best possible photographic outcome and experience.
Great photography is meant to be admired and printed. We offer the highly-coveted Queensberry Albums for you to admire and share your photos with, or you are welcome to print your own from the files you receive. Your photos will be delivered usually within four weeks of your wedding day. We always provide high resolution files for printing, accompanied with low resolution versions which you can quickly and easily email or share your memories via social media for all your friends and family to enjoy.
BOOKING AND DEPOSIT
Following your enquiry we will pencil your date in, and give you first priority in case of future enquiries. Your date is then reserved upon receipt of a 25% Deposit. A simple contract will also be discussed and agreed upon at this time.
A TYPICAL Shot list
Getting Ready - Typically At the bride's home or a hotel
- Bride hair and makeup
- Bridesmaid preparation
- Bridesmaids helping bride into her dress
- Careful arrangements of all the details; shoes, flowers, dresses and of course the rings!
Pre-Ceremony - We aim to arrive 20min before the bridal party
- People arriving and seated for the ceremony
- Details and arrangements at the ceremony location
- Groom and Groomsmen getting into position
- First look of the bridal party
- Groom sees the bride for the first time
- Father walking Bride up the aisle and giving her away
- Exchanging vows
- Exchanging rings
- Celebrant speech
- Readings or musical performances
- First kiss
- Any religious observances
- Walking together down the aisle
- Candid, people congratulating the couple
- Posed groups of all attendees. We have our own list of the common arrangements covering both sides of the immediate families separately and together, the extended families, friends on each side, and of course the entire group. We do appreciate having one contact person to wrangle these groups, and also welcome suggestions for any additional combinations you would like.
Directed Bridal Party Portraits
- This is the highlight of the photographic experience for us, and we hope for you as well. We usually hope for around 1.5hrs between the ceremony and reception to allow for these photos - more is always better, but of course we can fit something good into a shorter period if time is tight!
- We recommend around 30-60mins per location plus travel time - often we will make use of the ceremony grounds, and then move to a specially chosen location afterwards. Which may be a favourite beach or park of yours, an interesting building or historical site, or anything else we like the look of! We always welcome suggestions for locations that may be special to you, but we also do our own location scouting and put forward some ideas. And if time is on our side, we can even manage a third location.
- Bride and Groom arriving at Reception
- Cake cutting
- First Dance
- Guest candids
We typically finish our day after the first dance at the reception, and leave everyone to enjoy the evening without worrying about being caught on camera late into the night! Of course we will stay as long as you require, but found this to work well for everyone.